RSS Feed

Pounds of struggle

Here I go again.
I did it once before. Lost almost 70lbs. Gained most of it back. I stopped walking at the gym, started eating all the "bad" things again, drinking pop, etc.

This time my struggle is against being forced to take blood pressure medication. I refuse. So I must do something to control my love of crap food and my desire to sit on my ass.

Honestly, I missed walking. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I started again. All this week I have walked at least 20 mins, most days I have walked more than once.

I cut out real pop again and now I scoff at the idea of a cheeseburger from the glowing golden arches.

I walked to Starbucks for a coffee. It is about a mile there and back. The latte tastes so much sweeter (without sugar) because I know I did something to move to get it.

I bought a pedometer at the suggestion of a co-worker, she must know my love of numbers. There is something so easy to geekly love about seeing how many steps you have taken. It took me 2443 steps to get to my latte and back.

Let's see what I can "clock" tomorrow!

0 comments: